Zinc Details & Design Options
- We can fabricate a custom integral sink (rectangular, square, or round) and weld it in as a seamless part of any top.
- We can under-mount or cut-in any sink that you provide.
- Holes for faucets and accessories such as hot water inserts and soap dispensers are available options.
- Drain Pans are tapered 3/8" so that water will flow into the sink.
What does zinc look like?
- Zinc is a reactive metal that will develop a patina and change over time.
- Matte zinc has a distinctive blue-gray hue and will develop a darker-gray patina over time.
- Professionally patinated zinc will be darker, and more uniform than zinc that is given the opportunity to develop its patina naturally.
- Both matte and patinated zinc have a “living finish” and will continue to evolve throughout the lifetime of the countertop.
What can I expect?
- Slight scratches, pinhole, and soldering marks can be expected on your zinc countertop; these slight imperfections are what create the European, rustic charm of this country metal.
- Hammered zinc will have a wavy, undulated surface and will not be machine flat.
- Depending on the size and shape of your countertop, a non-welded butt seam may be required for construction.
- Very large tops may require a mechanical, silicone-sealed field joint. No on-site welding is necessary.
Getting A Quote:
If you have any questions about possible zinc details for your countertop project, send photos or drawings to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review all requests as they are received, and will get back to you within one to two business days.