Construction Options - Wood Countertops
Premium Wide Plank
Edge Grain Chopping Block
- Constructed of thin, randomly selected 1 3/4" wide wood members glued in parallel. Extra-long tops may have butte joints.
- Commercial grade tops fabricated using both heart and sapwoods.
- Can be made in thicknesses from 1 ¼” to 12”.
- Available in natural color only; staining is not recommended with this finish.
- The tops are sealed and oiled, and require regular oiling to ensure the wood does not dry out.
- This type of countertop is perfect for chopping and food preparation.
- An incredible working surface for the professional or semi-professional cook.
End Grain Chopping Block
- Vertical facing wood members, typically 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" that look like offset squares.
- Traditionally used as a chopping surface and for food prep.
- This construction is ideal because the fibers of the wood actually cradle your knife blade and repair themselves at the same time.
- These tops are Sealed and Oiled and require weekly oiling as maintenance.
- Available in natural color only; no staining.
- These are also available as "point to point" glue up, giving a checkerboard effect.