Stainless Steel Construction
- Our Stainless Steel Countertops are made with 14 and 16-gauge (1/16" thick) grade #304 Government spec. stainless steel.
- The color of our stainless steel will match most appliances and hoods you may already have.
- All joints are welded, ground, blended and polished.
- Edges are available in any thickness but 1 ½” is standard.
- Square, bull-nosed, angled-back, and marine (no drip) edges are very popular.
- Substrates are bonded, solid, waterproof MDF, or steel, hi-hat angle reinforced with a sound deadening coating. They are equal in height to the front edge thickness and sit right on cabinets without any blocking or shims.
- Joints are welded and polished and are invisible. Layouts of any length or configuration may be produced.
- For very large tops - a mechanical, interlocked, silicone sealed, field joint is provided. No welding is, or needs to be, done on site.
What does it look like?
- Stainless Steel countertops are made from the same material you would find on your kitchen appliances.
- A chic and contemporary surface, stainless steel is commonly used in professional kitchens due to its reputation as a low-maintenance material.
- Aptly named, stainless steel cannot be stained by household items or cleaners, and can be cleaned easily using Windex or any other all-purpose cleaner.
- Stainless Steel is the perfect surface for those who desire a modern, uniform surface.
What can I expect?
- Depending on the size and shape of your countertop, a non-welded butt seam may be required, however, the fabrication marks will be brushed out before installation, leaving a smooth, monolithic surface.
- While stainless steel can sometimes be considered a “cold” material, pairing it with an end grain chopping block, or an edge grain countertop will help to increase the warmth of the room.
Getting A Quote:
For more information on stainless steel countertops, email email@example.com. We will be happy to answer any inquiries to help you understand this modern material.