Stainless Steel Care and Maintenance
Care & Maintenance Guide:
- For daily cleaning, we recommend using Fantastic, Windex, Formula 409, or any mild dishwashing liquid.
- “Stainless Steel Magic” cleaner and polish (available at most supermarkets) is recommended for removing water spots, streaks, and fingerprints.
- Do not chop directly on the surface; the use of cutting boards is preferred to minimize scratch marks and to preserve your knife blades.
- Very hot pots and pans should not be placed directly on the countertop. The use of trivets is recommended.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or bleach, as they may dull and tarnish the finish.
- Minor scratches and mineral streaking may be brushed out using household 3M Scotch-BriteTM pads; use a random or circular motion to blend.
Extreme Case Maintenance:
- Deep scratches may be sanded through using sandpaper grades up to 220 and buffed with a 3M Scotch-BriteTM pad.
- When buffing, use a circular pattern for a #4 finish or a straight motion for a machine brush finish.
- Mirror polished stainless may be serviced using an automotive compound and a machine-polishing pad.
What does it look like?
- Stainless Steel countertops are made from the same material you would find on your kitchen appliances.
- A chic and contemporary surface, stainless steel is commonly used in professional kitchens due to its reputation as a low-maintenance material.
- Stainless steel surfaces cannot be stained by household items or cleaners and can be cleaned easily using Windex or any other non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner.
- Stainless Steel is an ideal surface for those who desire a modern, uniform aesthetic.
What can I expect?
- While stainless steel can sometimes be considered a “cold” material, pairing it with an end grain chopping block, or an edge grain countertop will help to increase the warmth of the room.
Warranty for Stainless Steel Countertops:
- All Brooks Custom products come with a Full One Year Warranty.
- Brooks Custom will repair or replace, at their option, any product determined to be faulty due to manufacturing defects.
- Products not installed by Brooks Custom must be returned to the Brooks Custom showroom.
- Incidental work or adjacent materials are not included in warranty coverage. This is standard in most of the home improvement industry.
Please feel free to contact or call us for technical or service advice about stainless steel care before tackling significant problems with your countertop.
If you need to report a problem or need service advice, please follow this procedure to help us understand the nature of your problem:
- Please provide photos to illustrate the nature and size of your problem.
- First, place a quarter next to each problem area as a scale reference.
- Next, take a wide-angle photo that shows the entire countertop.
- Then, take a close-up photo of each problem area (showing the quarter in each close-up).
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the photos are received, our Service Department will reply back with resolution options.