Pewter Details & Options
Details & Design Options
- We can fabricate a custom integral sink (rectangular or square) and weld it in as a seamless part of any top.
- We can under-mount or cut-in any sink that you provide.
- Holes for faucets and accessories such as hot water inserts and soap dispensers are available options.
- Drain Pans are tapered 1/4" so that water will flow into the sink.
What does it look like?
- Pewter is a reactive metal that will develop a patina and change over time.
- Matte pewter is silver in appearance, similar to stainless steel, and will evolve and develop a darker gray color and satin sheen that sets it apart from other metals.
- Professionally patinated pewter will appear darker and more uniform than pewter given the opportunity to develop its patina naturally.
What can I expect?
- Slight scratches, pinholes, and soldering marks are to be expected on your pewter countertop these slight imperfections give this artisanal metal its European look.
- Hammered pewter will have a wavy, undulated surface and will not be machine flat.
- Depending on the size and shape of your countertop, a non-welded butt seam may be required for construction.
- Very large tops may require a mechanical, silicone-sealed field joint. No on-site welding is necessary.
Getting A Quote:
If you have any additional questions about pewter details for countertops, furniture, or range hoods, email email@example.com. Send your photos and plans to us and we will evaluate the details and provide you with an estimate within one to two business days. Some more detailed or complicated designs may take longer to price.