Brooks Custom's 1st Annual Furniture Design Scholarship
Innovation is the backbone of everything we do at Brooks Custom. Over the past four decades, Richard Brooks and his team continually strive to create unique custom products made from alternative materials. It is in the spirit of innovation that we are offering a scholarship challenging current design and architecture students to continue this tradition and to incorporate zinc or concrete in designing a unique piece of furniture.
Brooks Custom’s 1st Annual furniture design competition is open to any junior, senior, or graduate student currently enrolled in a design program. This competition has two categories for which one $500 prize will be awarded in each. The design competition will ask entrants to design a custom furniture piece using concrete or zinc as a significant element in their design. Applicants may submit designs in both concrete and zinc categories, but may only be awarded a prize in one category per year.
- Completed entry forms are due by June 1, 2017.
- Applicants must be students enrolled in an accredited Design or Architecture Program in the U.S.
- Entry forms should be emailed to email@example.com
- Completed furniture designs are due by June 1, 2017. Designs should be saved in PDF format and emailed with your entry form.
- Submissions should include a 1-2 page Design Concept Statement explaining your use of either concrete or zinc in your design and from where you drew your inspiration.
- Include the category for which you are entering in the filename of your PDF submission.
Scholarship Judging Criteria:
Submissions will be review and prizes will be awarded based on the applicant’s understanding of the practice of innovation and their proficiency in designing with concrete or zinc.
After the judging process is complete, winners will be notified by phone or email.
Click Below Fill Out our Entry Form: