FAQ - Engineered Concrete Countertops
What does it look like?
- Our Verdicrete countertops are a stain, heat, and water resistant product that most closely resemble solid surface countertops.
- Unlike these other materials, Verdicrete can be made in any color, and rarely requires the use of field joints or seams.
- While we do our best to match any color on the Benjamin Moore color chart, please keep in mind that color matching is not an exact science.
- Every slab of Verdicrete is unique and will show slight variations in tonality, color field, and texture. This uniqueness is the beauty of Verdicrete.
What can I expect?
- Verdicrete is a very durable surface that will not crack.
- You may see hairline cracks or surface crazing; these are considered a normal characteristic of Verdicrete and will not impact the structural integrity of your countertop.
- Concrete is ready for light use at the time of installation. Be prepared to go easy on the surface for the first few weeks; the concrete is still curing and hardening during this time.
Why Choose Verdicrete?
With Verdicrete, the possibilities are endless! Custom colors are available, enabling you to get the right color for your design. You can choose from varying thicknesses, textures and sizes and surface luster. For a more creative countertop, you can choose to inlay items such as glass, shells, or fossils directly into the countertop
Where Can Verdicrete be Used?
Verdicrete is a great alternative material for anywhere that tile, solid surface, or stone is used. Concrete works great as kitchen countertops, vanity tops, furniture, and outdoor kitchens.
What are the Color Options?
We carry a large selection of stock colors. Custom color matches are an option. Keep in mind that color matching in Verdicrete is not an exact science. Each and every Verdicrete slab is unique and can vary slightly in tonality, color field, and texture. This is the beauty of Verdicrete.
Are There Custom Color Samples Available?
Custom color samples are available for a cost of $150.00 for a 6x6 or $250.00 for a 12x12. Samples of our stock colors are also available for a cost of $35.00. These prices include the cost of shipping. Sample costs will be fully credited to the final job.
How Thick can a Verdicrete Countertop be?
Verdicrete tops are a minimum of 1/2" thick and can be any thickness up to 6".
What Does a Verdicrete Countertop Weigh?
A 1 1/4" thick Verdicrete countertop weighs approximately 12 lbs. per square foot. This is 33% lighter than stone. Most factory-made kitchen cabinets will support both Verdicrete or granite without a problem. It's wise to check any special layout details with your kitchen designer or general contractor.
What is the Maximum Overhang for a Verdicrete Countertop?
A 1½” counter top can be overhung about 24" without support. Larger overhangs are possible using external supports. We can incorporate hidden steel reinforcement according to your layout needs.
Do Verdicrete Countertops Crack?
No. Verdicrete countertops will not crack and we warranty them for this. Hairlines or surface crazing may occur and are considered normal character features in Verdicrete, just like veins in stone. They do not affect structural integrity and are considered by the design trade as a desirable part of our Verdicrete products.
Where do Field Joints Occur?
Verdicrete is engineered in such a way that field joints are rarely needed. Field joints are sometimes needed at strategic engineering points of stress. They may occur on oversized tops or where angled corners prohibit access to your work site.
How do I Clean My Verdicrete Countertops?
You can clean Verdicrete countertops with any nonabrasive household cleanser. We use Windex most often; Lemon Pledge can also be used to minimize slight scratches on darker colored tops. You may also safely use a 3M Scotch Brite pad for scrubbing out any light scratches or marks.
Can I Cut on My Verdicrete Countertops?
As with any countertop surface, cutting boards should be used when chopping or preparing foods.
Can I Put Hot Pots on my Verdicrete Countertop?
Verdicrete is heat-resistant. We do, however, recommend using a trivet for hot pots directly from the oven. Boiling water will not harm the material, but it can be damaged from prolonged exposure to extremely high temperatures such as boiling oil.
What About Sinks?
We can under-mount or cut-in any sink that you provide. Holes for faucets and accessories such as hot water inserts and soap dispensers are available options. Integral sinks in varying shapes and sizes are available for bathroom vanities and kitchen countertops.
What Type of Warranty do You Offer?
Verdicrete countertops come with a full one-year warranty.
- Brooks Custom will repair or replace, at their option, any faulty product deemed to have been caused by manufacturing defects.
- Items must be returned to this location if not installed by us.
- Incidental work or adjacent materials are not included in warranty coverage.
- All shipped concrete countertops must be removed from their crates within 30 days of delivery. Any claims for shipping damage must be made within that time.
- Sales are final on all finished products left in our showroom for over 90 days.
How Long Will It Take to get my Verdicrete Countertop?
Typically it takes 4 weeks to deliver or install your Verdicrete countertop, starting from the time we receive approved shop drawings from you.
How can I get pricing?
Please email or fax us a plan drawing of your project. Include measurements and any details you may have. We’ll fax or e-mail you back, usually within 1-2 business days. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your request to 914-244-9210.