Verdicrete: Engineered Concrete Care and Maintenance Instructions
Verdicrete Concrete Installation Instructions and Care Guide
About Verdicrete Products: Verdicrete concrete countertops are hand-made products that reflect the artisan’s touch. This process creates a wholly unique look that includes variations in tone, color, and texture. Each batch is different and creates a unique pattern.
Verdicrete is very durable and is stain, heat, and water resistant. You can expect the surface to develop a pattern of use or patina, plus some surface crazing or light scratches over time. These marks are part of the charm of concrete. Before placing your order for concrete, you may take out a sample to test on your own to make sure it is the right material for your project.
White marks will develop on your countertop. This is part of the natural aging process of concrete and can be exaggerated through prolonged contact with water.
These marks will continue to form throughout the lifetime of the countertop but can be made less obvious by scrubbing with a Scotch-Brite pad.
Care & Maintenance:
- Concrete is durable, but not indestructible.
- We recommend using Windex for daily cleaning.
- Dark stains from wine or dark sauces are to be expected and can be minimized by using bleach, scrubbing with a 3M Scotch-Brite Pad, and then rinsing with water.
- To protect the surface from scratches, we recommend using cutting boards for direct food prep and trivets for very hot plates.
- Minimize light scratches by scrubbing with a green Scotch-Brite pad. Concrete is very durable, do not be afraid to scrub hard.
- Concrete is ready for light use at the time of installation. The tops will continue to cure and harden for the first 30 days before reaching maximum durability.
- You may see foggy or white areas, which are generally due to mineral efflorescence. Prolonged contact with water will bring this out. To lessen the appearance of such marks, scrub with a Scotch-Brite pad and water.
- Anything that would harm marble or granite may hurt concrete as well.
- Wipe up any large spills or food as soon possible to avoid creating marks or rings on your countertop.
- Acidic substances (like lemon juice) left on the countertop will etch the surface and will leave a rough patch. Smooth out these areas using “wet or dry” sandpapers.
Installation: Use high-grade silicone to set the countertops in place. This will allow for the movement differences between the concrete, your cabinets, and house structure. It is important to support concrete countertops properly, especially where there are overhangs.
- Brooks Custom’s products come with a Full One Year Warranty.
- Brooks Custom will repair or replace, at their option, any product found to be faulty due to manufacturing defects.
- Products not installed by Brooks Custom must be returned to the Brooks Custom showroom.
- Warranty coverage does not include incidental work or adjacent materials. This is standard in most of the home improvement industry.
- Sales are final on all finished products left in our showroom for over 90 days.
How to Report Service Issues:
- Feel free to contact or call us for technical or service advice before tackling significant problems with your countertops. If you need to report a problem or need service advice, we ask that you send photos of the countertop to help us understand the nature of your problem.
- How to photograph your countertop for service requests:
- Please provide photos to illustrate the nature and size of your problem.
- First, place a quarter next to each problem area as a scale reference.
- Next, take a wide-angle photo that shows the entire countertop.
- Then, take a close-up photo of each problem area (showing the quarter in each close-up).
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. After our Service Department receives the photos, we will reply with resolution options.
- No exact color matches in concrete.
- Expect varying patterns in each pour or batch.
- White marks are normal. Scrub out with a Scotch-Brite pad and minimize contact with water.
- Service with Windex, Clorox, or Fantastic using a 3M Scotch-Brite pad.
- Some light scratching or surface crazing is normal.
- Call when in need of backup. We are happy to take your call.
- Full 1 Year Warranty.