Brooks Custom FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Brooks Custom's Products:
Q) What Materials do you Work With?
A) Brooks Custom works with countertop materials that you won't find everywhere. We specialize in alternative materials including wood, concrete, metals (stainless steel, zinc, copper, pewter, and bronze), and glass (regular and fusion). We source the highest quality materials to create premium countertops that are meant to last.
Q) How do I get pricing?
A) Request pricing using one of our quote forms or email your plans to email@example.com. Most quotes are returned within one to two business days. Quotes for very large or complex projects, fusion glass, and range hoods may take a few extra days to price.
Q) Where are your products made?
A) All of our products are made and inspected right in our facility in Mt. Kisco, NY. Each item is prepared for delivery or installation direct from our factory. Since everything is made on-site, there are no middlemen to deal with and it gives you the opportunity to work directly with our designers and craftsmen.
Q) How do I place an order?
A) When you decide that you want to turn your quote into an order, the first thing we will need is a 50% deposit. We will then send you an order confirmation and contact you to schedule a template or request more detailed dimensions. Once we have the exact dimensions, we will prepare detailed shop drawings, which is what we will use to fabricate your order. These shop drawings must be signed and returned to us before fabrication can commence. We will then put your order in production; the timeline for this will depend on the material and complexity of the project.
When your order is complete, we will contact you to schedule the installation or delivery of your order. Final payment is due prior to installation or shipping.
Q) What kinds of payment are accepted?
A) We accept all major credit cards for deposit and balance payments.
Personal checks and cash are accepted for deposit payments. For balance payments, we do require a credit card retainer. Your card will not be charged, it will just be held as a backup.
To pay by credit card to begin your order, fill out our credit card authorization form, which can be found here.
Q) Do you work in my area?
A) Brooks Custom ships its products all over the country and internationally.
We offer template and installation services from Boston to Philadelphia, including NYC, Cape Cod, and the Hamptons.
Q) How do I report a problem with my countertop?
A) Please provide photos to illustrate the nature and size of your problem.
- First, place a quarter next to each problem area as a scale reference.
- Next, take a wide-angle photo that shows the entire countertop.
- Then, take a close-up photo of each problem area (showing the quarter in each close-up).
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. After the photos are received, our Service Department will reply back with resolution options.
Q) Can I Order Samples?
A) Of course. Samples for all of our materials can be ordered by filling out our sample order form. Samples may be returned (in good condition) for a refund or can be credited to your order. For samples picked up in our showroom, we will keep a copy of your credit card on file, but you will not be charged unless the samples are not returned in a reasonable time.
Custom samples cannot be refunded but can be credited toward the job once it becomes an order.
Q) What Warranty is Available?
A) All wood and butcher block countertops have a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Brooks Custom will repair or replace, at their option, any product determined to be faulty due to manufacturing defects.
- Products not installed by Brooks Custom must be returned to the Brooks Custom showroom.
- Incidental work or adjacent materials are not included in warranty coverage. This is standard in most of the home improvement industry.
- All shipped wood countertops must be removed from their crates within 30 days of delivery. Any claims for shipping damage must be made within that time.
- Sales are final on finished products left in our showroom for over 90 days.
There has been an error.
We apologize for any inconvenience, please return to the home page or use the search form below.