Artisan Cast Product Warranty
Artisan Cast Product Warranty:
- All Artisan Cast products come with a One (1) Year Warranty.
- Brooks Custom will repair or replace, at its option, any products that fail due to manufacturing defects.
- Return all products not installed by Brooks Custom personnel to the Brooks Custom showroom.
- Incidental work or adjacent materials are not covered under this warranty. This is standard in most of the home improvement industry.
- Remove and inspect any shipped items from their crates within 30 days of delivery. You must make any damage claims within this time.
- Importantly, all sales are final on finished products left in the Brooks Custom showroom for more than 90 days.
What is the Artisan Cast finish?
- The artisan cast metal consists of 80% metal and 20% resin.
- This coating approximates a solid metal surface and creates a very durable and tough finish.
How do Artisan Cast Products compare to sheet metal or cast metal goods?
- Artisan cast products will not have the superior indestructible durability of sheet metal or hot metal castings.
- Artisan cast products are wonderful materials for both commercial and residential products.
- With proper care, they will serve you/your clients for years.
How do I maintain the Finish?
- Daily cleaning can be done with mild soap and water, Windex, or other non-abrasive cleaners.
- Also, to maintain a fresh and like-new surface, you may use Noxon, Brasso, or any other metal polish to remove fingerprints or smudges. (Test on a small area to start.)
- Do not leave standing water or liquids on the surface for an extended period of time. This will prevent marks or drink rings from settling on the surface.
Does the surface scratch?
- Yes, scuffs and scratches will appear on the metal. The frequency and severity of the marks will depend on the finish you choose. For example, copper and aluminum are soft metals and will scratch easily, whereas nickel and stainless steel are harder metals and more difficult to scratch.
- To repair marks or scratches on metal, blend your countertop using a fine steel wool pad (0000) in a random motion.
- To prevents scratches and marks:
- Do not cut directly on the surface; use cutting boards for food prep.
- Take care to avoid sliding abrasive items across the countertop surface.
- While artisan cast metal countertops are heat resistant we recommend using trivets for oven-hot pots and pans. Artisan cast products are safe for contact with boiling water.
Is this product repairable?
- Artisan cast products are repairable on site.
- For any deep scratches and severe dings, we can schedule a technician to repair and blend the affected area.
- Service calls result in reducing and minimizing the appearance of the affected areas. We cannot promise that it will look perfect.
View our full Artisan Cast Care and Maintenance Sheet here.
Please feel free to contact or call us for technical or service advice before tackling significant problems with your products.